Calabaza Squash Smach
This Calabaza squash is available year round. Select golden flesh, take care when cutting tough skin and spoon out seeds prior to cooking.
Total time: 50 Minutes - 5 Servings
- 3 LBS. Calabaza squash, seeds removed
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Coat baking sheet with spray; place minutes or until Calabaza is very tender when pierced with fork.
- Cut butter into small pieces and place in medium bowl. Scoop out flesh of Calabaza and add on top of butter.
- Stir in syrup and salt; mash the squash with potato masher until smooth(may also be processed in blender for finer texture).
- Calories(1/5 recipe) 210 kcal; Fat 9g; Chol 25mg; Sod 125mg; Carb 32g; Fib 7g; Pro 2g; Vit A 520%; Vit C 60%; Calc 10% Iron 8%
OTHER PREPARATION METHODS:
- ROASTED: Preheat oven to 425F. Peel and dice 6 lbs. of Calabaza; combine with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons seasoned salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Place on foil-lined baking sheet; bake 23-25 minutes or until golden tender.