Choose an El Sol Batata with even skin color and smooth outer skin, do not refrigerate. Wash skin well using a vegetable brush prior to preparation.
Total time: 50 Minutes - 4 Servings
- 6 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 4 Med sized El Sol Batatas
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 400F, Brush baking sheet with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Peal batatas and slice lengthwise into quarter moons.
- Combine remaining 5 teaspoons of olive oil and paprika in large bowl. Add batata wedges and stir to coat; place on baking sheet.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, turning once halfway through bake time, or until tender. Sprinkle salt to taste.
- Cal(per1/4 recipe)170 kcal; Fat7g; Chol 0mg; Sod 110mg; Carb 27g; Fib 4 g; Pro 2 g; Vit A 480%; Vit C30%; Calc 4% Iron 6%
OTHER PREPARATION METHODS:
- Microwave: Peel Batatas and cut into 2-inch pieces and place in microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on HIGH 7-8 minutes until tender.
- Grill: Cut batatas into ¼ inch-thick slices and brush with olive oil. Grill over indirect heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender.