- PLU #4790
- 10 Ct
- Sugar cane is a member of the grass family and is native to the warm temperate to tropical regions of Asia. They have stout, jointed, fibrous stalks, which look like bamboo cane. Sugar cane is the source of sugar in all tropical and subtropical countries of the world. Sugar canes can grow up to two to six meters tall.
- Fresh sugar cane may be chewed in small pieces, to extract the juice. However commonly the sugar cane is already processed into juice. Sugar cane is also used as a sweetener and as syrup accompanying other foods, such as desserts. Popular use has been to slice into strips and use as a stirrer especially for Mojitos.
- Mexico, Central America, South America, Caribbean, Asia
Country of origin
- Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, USA, Mexico
- Color – Green and yellow to very light brown
- Cleanliness – Must be clean (no dirt, spotting, dust, or any other foreign material).
- Other – Can have no scarring, cracks, splits, or breaks, or mechanical damage.
- Defects – drying out
Display and storage
- Storage- 45-55 degrees , dry environment
- Display- Room Temperature
- Shelf Life- 7-15 days