- PLU #4769
- TBD 30Lb
- A member of the pumpkin family, this vegetable is a thick-skinned pumpkin-shaped squash. It has a forest green skin with light striations and often ranges in size from 9 to 12 inches in diameter. Kabocha taste similar between a sweet potato and pumpkin with a rich sweetness and almost fiber less flesh
- It can be baked, steamed, mashed, braised, and chunked. Great ingredient for soups, tarts , puddings, pies, and cakes
- Mexico, Central America, South America, Caribbean, Asia
Country of origin
- U.S.A, Mexico
- Color – Green With orange stripes and specks.
- Cleanliness – Must be clean (no dirt, spotting, dust, or any other foreign material).
- Other – Can have no scarring, cracks, splits, or breaks, or mechanical damage.
- Defects – Softness, black spots.
Display and storage
- Storage- 45-55 degrees, dry environment
- Display- Room temperature
- Shelf life- 7-12 days