Peppers Ajicitos (Aji Cachucha)
- Scale Code 48041 (wrapped in #2 black foam tray)
- Ajisito is a mild pepper. Aji dulce (Capsicum Chinese) is a small, light green pepper that turns red if left long enough on the plant. In Puerto Rico, it is known as aji dulce or ajisito (sweet pepper and small pepper, respectively, in Spanish).
- This pepper is used to season dishes and is an important ingredient for sofrito, a sauce used in several Latin American cuisines. The majority of ajídulce found in Latino markets in the Northeast is imported from Latin America. In the tropics, this plant can grow as a perennial, although most of the commercial production is with annual systems. It is also used in soups, and stews.
- Mexico, Central America , South America, Caribbean (Dominican, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Haiti)
Country of origin
- Dominican Republic
- Color –green, orange or red
- Cleanliness – Must be clean (no dirt, spotting, dust, or any other foreign material).
- Other – Can have no scarring, cracks, splits, or breaks, or mechanical damage.
- Defects – Softness or wrinkling.
Display and storage
- Storage- 40-48 degrees, dry environment
- Display- Room temperature
- Shelf life- 7-14 days