Papaya Mexican (Maradol)
- PLU #3112
- These pear-shaped fruit with bright orange flesh generally weight 3 to 5 pounds. Their skin is green when unripe but turns yellow to orange with a few freckles once they become mature. They are wonderfully soft and juicy, and have a salmon pink or red flesh that is very sweet with a slightly perfumed, fruity flavor.
- This fruit is a great source of vitamin C. For smoothies, fruit salads, sauces, marinades.
- Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, South America, Asia
Country of origin
- Color – Green and yellow
- Cleanliness – Must be clean (no dirt, spotting, dust, or any other foreign material).
- Other – Can have no scarring, cracks, splits, or breaks, or mechanical damage.
- Customers generally select this product when it is light green/yellowing. When soft, it is already ripe.
- Defects – Softness, black and brown spots
Display and storage
- Storage- 45-55 degrees , dry environment
- Display- Full fruit at room temperature, or cut in half wrapped to show bright orange flesh must be refrigerated
- Shelf life- 4-8 days