- PLU #4612
- Ginger is a light cream colored root used in many dishes from seasoning to salads, to teas. Generally sold fresh. Ginger produces a hot, fragrant kitchen spice, Young ginger are juicy. It’s also believed to have healing/medicinal properties, and people sometimes use it to soothe their upset stomachs and boost their energy.
- Ginger is used in meat preparations, salads; it is also used for teas, drinks, as well as a common spice in many cultures. It is utilized to make confections, baked goods, extracts, oils, and liqueurs and as a medicine. It is delicious in many savory dishes such as soups, stir-fry, curries, and meats
- Mexican, North American, Central America, South America, Caribbean, Asian, Africa.
Country of origin
- China & Central America.
- Color – Light Tan
- Cleanliness – Must be clean (no dirt, wilting, dust, or any other foreign material).
- Defects – Softness, Shrivels when dry.
Display and storage
- Storage- 45-55 degrees, dry environment
- Display- Room temperature
- Shelf life- 7-10 days