Chayote White (Chayote Blanco)
- PLU #4785
- 48 CT
- Chayote is a native Mexican plant, Family of the squash. White Chayote looks and tastes like a regular Chayote just larger and White or yellowish in color. White chayote is very popular in Puerto Rican communities, because it is the variety most commonly available on the island.
- Chayote can be stuffed, mashed, or baked.
- Caribbean, especially Puerto Rico
Country of origin
- Costa Rica
- Color – Yellowish White
- Cleanliness – Must be clean (no dirt, spotting, dust, or any other foreign material).
- Other – Can have no scarring, cracks, splits, or breaks, or mechanical damage.
- Defects – Blackening, or sprouting
Display and storage
- Storage- 35-45 degrees
- Display- Room temperature
- Shelf life- 7-10 days