Chayote Green (Chayote Squash)
- PLU #4761
- 48 CT
- Chayote is a native Mexican plant, family of the squash, smooth light green skin, pear shape, with deep furrows. Now a very popular product, the chayote can be described as having a medley of flavors such as turnip, cucumber and zucchini. The flavor is very subtle.
- Chayote can be eaten raw in salads. It can also be stuffed, mashed, or baked. It is also commonly used in soups and stews.
- Central America, Caribbean, South America, Mexico.
Country of origin
- Mexico, Costa Rica
- Color – Light Green
- Cleanliness – Must be clean (no dirt, spotting, dust, or any other foreign material).
- Other – Can have no scarring, cracks, splits, or breaks, or mechanical damage.
- Defects – Skin blistering, and sprouting
Display and storage
- Storage- 35-45 degrees, dry environment
- Display- Room temperature
- Shelf life- 7-10 days