Casabe El Sol
- Various UPCs
- Casabe is an ancient food. Possibly the only dish native to the Dominican Republic that still remains part of the Island cuisine. Very little has changed in its preparation, mostly because of its impressively short list of ingredients. Casabe is made by peeling, washing, grating, drying and heating yuca, the root that was the staple of the island diet. Casabe is very rich in fiber, has zero cholesterol, no sodium, no fat, and only a moderate carbohydrate content.
- It is served with dips, as side of bread with soups, or simple side dish with any meal.
- Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans and other Caribbean islands
Country of origin
- Dominican Republic
- Color – Comes in paper wrap packaging and different flavors.
Display and storage
- Storage- Room temperature
- Display- Room temperature or refrigerate
- Shelf life- 2 year