Banana Green (Guineo Verde)
- PLU #4231
- Green bananas or cooking bananas are regular bananas before ripening process, non gassed.
- Green bananas are usually boiled, and used as a side dish for fish or chicken. Sometimes also used grated. It is also very common in soups, also used for making pasteles.
- Caribbean, especially Dominicans, Puerto Rico and Jamaicans
Country of origin
- Colombia, Ecuador , Honduras, Costa Rica, Guatemala
- Color – Green (cannot show ripening)
- Cleanliness – Must be clean (no dirt, spotting, dust, or any other foreign material).
- Other – Can have no scarring, cracks, splits, or breaks, or mechanical damage.
- This item is naturally un-ripened, hence customers should choose when most green, before it starts turning yellow.
- Defects – turning yellow
Display and storage
- Storage- 45-55 degrees, dry environment
- Display- Room temperature
- Shelf life- 4-7 days